Quality Assurance Policy
QUALITY ASSURANCE POLICY
BLESSED JOHN HENRY NEWMAN’S POLICY STATEMENT
This quality assurance policy outlines our belief and commitment to ensure that ongoing quality improvement is an integral part of our organization. Newman College will aim for continuous improvement in the quality of all aspects of its work as part of its determination to help learners achieve the highest possible standards
- Newman College aims to be the first choice for high quality education and training within its community
- The purpose of the Quality Assurance Policy is to ensure such continuous improvement through a process of self-evaluation and action planning.
- The Quality Assurance Policy and associated procedures will involve all employees and collaborative partners. The management of the process will be through the existing organisational structure. Line managers will initiate procedures within their departments and collate and agree self-assessment reports and action plans.
- The quality assurance procedures will be founded in a process of regular self-evaluation by staff in different departments and internal & external audits and observations.
- The quality procedures will seek the views and perceptions of learners at Newman College.
- Wherever appropriate, the procedures will promote the identification of quality standards and performance indicators against which performance can be measured, evaluated and improved for example OFSTED.
Responsibility for Implementation
- All staff (SLT, teachers, assessors, support staff) are responsible for the implementation of the Quality Assurance Policy.
- It is the Centre Manager’s responsibility to ensure there is an annual review of the policy, under direction from the Assistant Head Rachel Evans.
- It is the responsibility of all to engage positively in that review and ensure implementation.
Focus of Quality Assurance Staff
- To review regularly the performance, training and developmental needs of all staff through the operation of Newman College’s annual review and appraisal scheme.
- Through the Continuing Professional Development Plan, to offer training and development to individuals from Induction and throughout their employment.
- To monitor and evaluate performance and developmental needs through three internal observations a year and one external observation.
- To monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the training and development against Newman College’s strategic goals.
- All new invigilators are required to be observed during the first six months and annually thereafter to ensure assessment regulations are being followed.
- Existing invigilators should be observed conducting an assessment at least once a year.
- All learners at Induction will be made aware of the quality standards at Newman College.
- All learner feedback, review meetings and exit questionnaires will be analysed and acted upon.
- All learner’s performance in the college will be monitored and evaluated.
- All learner’s files will be continuously and rigorously assessed for quality.
- The process of quality control requires all staff to meet on a regular basis to review their work, set standards and monitor learner perceptions and achievements.
- Quality control will be carried out against agreed criteria which will incorporate performance indicators.
- Statistical analysis will be carried out against agreed criteria which will incorporate performance indicators.
- Review will be supported by analysis of learner and staff views and perception, gathered via questionnaires, surveys and review meetings.
The outcome of these processes will provide information:
- To inform the process of Newman College self-assessment and development planning
- To action plan for improvement
- To highlight issues that need consideration by Newman College
Feedback on actions resulting from this quality review process will be communicated to staff via regular team and/or individual meetings. The outcomes and action plans which result from the process will form the basis of the annual Newman College Self-Assessment Report.